Dear Friends, I wanted to share a wonderful, family activity being held at four different times during Advent that may be a great way to get out as individuals or families to share a bit with others. I would highly recommend this safe and good outing plus sharing what you can with others–and it sounds fun too! See details below. The times this activity is being offered are: Friday, December 4, 7-9 P.M., Saturday, December 5, 10 A.M.–12 noon, Friday, December 11, 7-9 P.M. and Saturday, December 12, 10 A.M.–12 noon. –Pastor Kathy
Winona area churches, businesses, and service organizations invite you and your family to this safe holiday event. Giving at each location is not required. ALL ARE WELCOME TO DRIVE THROUGH AND ENJOY!
Look for the symbols and receive directions at each location:
1. Start at The Winona Post, 64 E 2nd Street, Winona, pull up front.
2. Winona Volunteer Services and Food Shelf, 402 E 2nd Street, if you’d like to donate a holiday food item such as canned pumpkin, vegetables or cranberries, stuffing mix or boxed dessert mix or you may bring a used item of winter clothing, no scarves please.
3. Winona Law Enforcement Center, 201 W 3rd Street, no symbol will be here, watch for our volunteer. Please bring a thank you note, card of appreciation or kids may draw a picture to thank our local officers for their service.
4. Winona Catholic Charities Warm House, 79 W 3rd Street, may donate blankets, mittens, gloves or packaged snack items.
5. Winona Senior Friendship Center, 251 Main Street, please enter circular drive on 5th Street, may fill a quart or gallon size zip lock bag with small gift items with a Christmas card or note. These will be distributed to seniors who will be alone for the holidays.
6. Fleet Farm, 920 E US Hwy 61, bring a new toy small or large for Winona Toys for local kids.
7. Winona Habitat ReStore, 900 W 3rd Street, they are in need of OSB, 2 x 4s, boxes of nails or screws, or a $5 donation. While here, please write your name on a shim with a wish for the family that will receive a new home in the Spring!
8. The full nativity can be seen at 120 Pleasant Hill Drive. Please enjoy the beauty, roll down your window for a moment to hear beautiful Christmas Carols.
We hope you enjoy this wonderful event!