- Mass on Saturday this week, September 18, 2021 at 4:30 P. M.
- Wanted all to know that your board has agreed to a $500 gift from the parish to aid the Afghans coming into Fort McCoy, in Wisconsin. This is being done through Catholic Charities in Lacrosse.
- In addition, because we understand that the needs are great, individuals who would like to give a gift individually can do so the next two weekends through the collection in the form of cash or checks made out to All Are One as usual and earmark it for the Afghan collection. Some of you asked and, yes, you may send contributions to me, Pastor Kathy at 24450 Gilmore Valley Road, Winona, MN 55987.
- Brother Bede Baldry, Christian Brother, serving in our area has asked me to let you know about a group he is starting soon to share and discuss the meaning of dreams. The group is limited to 8 and begins on Tuesday evening, September 28 and continues for 5 consecutive Tuesdays after that. Details about what these classes/sharings will entail you can see in his description that follows:
WHAT: Dreams are gifts. You are invited to look at your dreams and find out the gift they may be for you. In the Dream Circle we’ll share dreams, look at dreams, wonder about dreams and think about what the dream might be for you. Dreams have mystified, frightened, inspired, warned, and transformed us across the world. For as long as we have been able to speak we have told each other our dreams. Dreams are gifts.
WHEN: Tuesday evenings. Sept. 28, Oct. 12, 26, Nov. 9, 23 and Dec. 7
WHERE: Winona Catholic Worker
832 W Broadway, Winona, MN 55987
FACILItATOR: Br. Bede Baldry, FSC
FEE: Donation Mask required for now.
If you have questions and are interested contact Bede at 773-332-4729
- Kay Peterson from Winona Volunteer Services called this morning to update me on the services that WVS continues to offer to those in need locally. She said the best way to see what they have to offer is to check out their website at winonavs.org. She said that it is best to call if you actually want to stop in at 402 East Second Street as they no longer have a waiting area due to COVID and have made this original space into an office, so call before you would come, 507-452-5591. The Food Shelf and the Clothes Shop is still up and running!
We continue in our walk with our brother Jesus this week–the readings for this weekend tell us that this won’t always be easy, but the challenge remains.
Come; be with us!
Peace and love,
P.S. Now that we are back to in-person services as vaccinated and masked, I haven’t been making as many phone calls; but please be in contact with me if I can help you in any way, firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-429-3616.
- Wisdom 2: 12, 17-20
- James 3: 16–4: 3
- Mark 9: 30-37