On this last Sunday before Lent begins (Wednesday, February 10); we are again challenged to stretch and grow in our faith–opening our eyes wider to see our brother Jesus, everywhere. He only has hands, eyes and ears in this world if through us–a seemingly wonderful resolution for the days of Lent, to be his body in our world!
Come; celebrate the Word this weekend!
Peace and love,
P.S. On February 2, the Church remembers the feast of St. Blaise, the patron of those afflicted with ailments of the throat. Pastor Kathy will bless throats after communion this Sunday.
- Isaiah 6: 1-8
- 1 Corinthians 15: 1-11
- Luke 5: 1-11
Upcoming Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Lent begins with Ash Wednesday on February 10, 2016. Due to a conflict with our space, we will not have an Ash Wednesday service on this next Wednesday, but Pastor Kathy will give out ashes on this coming Sunday, February 7 and next Sunday, February 14 for those who wish to receive them. I am sorry for this change in our plans.
- On Wednesday, February 17, 2016, at 5 p.m.,at Central Lutheran church, Pastors Corrine Denis and Kathy Redig will team up to present a short prayer service on gun violence during the community meal, The Feast. All are welcome to attend (SEE NEWS ITEM FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
- February 20, Saturday Mass at 4:30 p.m. followed by a soup supper–a special notice will be going out to sign up for the soup supper
- March 19, Saturday Mass at 4:30 p.m. followed by a soup supper
- Schedule for Holy Week:
- Palm Sunday, March 19, Saturday Mass, 4:30 p.m. followed by a soup supper
- Holy Thursday–Mass of the Last Supper, Thursday, March 24, 4:30 p.m.
- Good Friday–March 25, 4:30 p.m.
- Easter Sunday–Mass on Sunday, March 27 at 10 a.m.